Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Dinner at Sakura

I turned old the other day. To "celebrate" we went to Sakura for dinner because Kinji does not open on a Sunday, unfortunately...

Shabu Shabu Pork Salad, Fries and Assorted Tempura.
Assorted Nigiri and "Premium" Sashimi
Takoyaki, Takowasa, Soft Shell Crab and Croquettes.
The food was alright. I'm not sure if they are over confident or in over their heads, and I hate to compare but for the price they charge for each dish, the quality does not exactly equate. I do love fries and it has always been a dream that I could get good sushi, fries and cake all in the same place but sadly they could not deliver. You can't just sprinkle a bit of seaweed on generic supermarket frozen chips to "japanify" them and expect us to take you seriously. I was expecting some effort put into the dish, I mean, I would have been a bit less grumbly had they hand cut their own fries and failed because at least they tried... Overall, the company and day was lovely and I can go on about the food but I won't let that ruin my birthday memory. I aged. That was depressing enough.... 

Happier if it had been at Kinji. oh SNAP!

The good thing is, next year my birthday won't be on a Sunday...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...